CPA Practice Advisor's 2015 Most Powerful Women in Accounting.
The leaders of the accounting profession come from every direction: Small and large firms, consultants, technology vendors, educators, public officials and thought leaders. As women accounting professionals continue to increase their influence in profession, their role as leaders is becoming even more clear, as they help guide the profession, their peers and their firms into the future.
Each year, CPA Practice Advisor recognizes women professionals who have had the most impact on the profession, whether through day-to-day client service as a partner or senior member of an accounting practice, or by mentoring and guiding others. Nominations were open to the public on CPA Practice Advisor’s website www.CPAPracticeAdvisor.com, and the final selection of this year’s recipients was determined by the publication’s editorial staff and advisory board.
"These women are raising the bar for men and women alike in the accounting profession," said Gail Perry, Editor-in-Chief of CPA Practice Advisor. "Not satisfied to go to work each day and merely do their jobs, these women are holding down multiple positions, donating their time, innovating, mentoring, speaking, writing. They are leaders in the best sense of the word. This community of women is climbing to the heights of the profession while keeping one foot in the trenches and one hand out to those wish to join them. There is an overwhelming sense of servant leadership among these women - leaders who are succeeding by elevating those around them. It is an honor to present these awards."
The awards were announced and presented at The Sleeter Group’s 2015 Accounting Solutions Conference, held November 16 through 19 in Las Vegas.
“Women are increasingly assuming positions of authority and emerging as the foremost leaders in the accounting profession, within accounting firms, consulting groups and at technology vendors,” said Isaac M. O’Bannon, Managing Editor of CPA Practice Advisor. “The accomplishments of this year’s Most Powerful Women, as well as their contributions to the profession and their local communities, are an inspiration to young professionals, women and men, as they aspire to great heights in the accounting field.”
The 2015 Most Powerful Women in Accounting are:
- Joanne Barry, CAE - New York Society of CPAs
- Sharada Bhansali - AccountantsWorld
- Dawn Brolin, CPA, MSA - Powerful Accounting
- Shayna Chapman, CPA.CITP, CGMA - ShaynaCo LLC
- Susan Coffey, CPA, CGMA - AICPA
- Gale Crosley, CPA.CGMA - Crosley+Company
- Loretta Doon, CPA - California Society of CPAs / CalCPA Education Foundation
- Cindy Fornelli - Center for Audit Quality
- Sally Glick, MBA - Sobel & Company, LLC
- Melissa Hooley, CPA, CGMA - Anton Collins Mitchell, LLP
- Rita Keller - Keller Advisors, LLC
- Stacy Kildal - Kildal Services, LLC
- Sandy Leyva, CPA, CMA - Accountants Accelerator
- Teresa Mackintosh, CPA - Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting US
- Misty Megia - The Sleeter Group
- Monika Miles - Miles Consulting Group
- Edi Osborne, CSPM, CPVA, CPBA - Mentor Plus
- Sabrina Parsons - Palo Alto Software
- Jean Rakich - Thomson Reuters
- Jean Rogers - Sustainability Accounting Standards Board
- Bonnie Ruszczyk - BBR Marketing
- Kristy Short, Ed.D - RootWorks 360 LLC, rwc360 LLC
- Jennifer Warawa - Sage
- Geni Whitehouse, CPA.CITP, CSPM - Even A Nerd, LLC
- Sandra Wiley, PHR, SPHR - Boomer Consulting
- Jennifer Wilson - Convergence Coaching, LLC
Publisher's Note: Our own Gail Perry, CPA - Editor-in-Chief, was also among this year's Most Powerful Women honorees.
- --------------------- -
The nomination period for next year's awards will open in May 2016.