Recognizing the most influential young members of the accounting profession. They're accomplished, they're passionate, they're disrupting – and they're just getting started.
CPA Practice Advisor is proud to sponsor the accounting profession's annual 40 Under 40 and 20 Under 40 recognition awards with the goal of honoring, following, and encouraging the future leaders of the profession as they forge a new direction.
The "40 Under 40" and "20 Under 40" programs recognize young professionals who are having an impact on the broader accounting and tax profession. "40 Under 40" honorees are those working within the profession, while "20 Under 40" honorees are those working at vendors and organizations that support the profession.
If you know someone deserving of this recognition, please let us know. (Multiple nominations do not increase an individual's likelihood of being selected.) There are no costs involved in the program, either for the person making the nomination, or for the person being nominated, regardless of if they are selected.
The deadline for nominations is July 24, 2017.
Nominations are open for this prestigious recognition. Here are the rules and expectations:
- Candidates should be working in the accounting field, or supporting the field (public, private, tax preparation, consulting, academia, government) and have not turned 40 as of August 31, 2016. (Please note that candidates who are employed by a vendor serving the accounting profession are also eligible for nomination and will be considered for our "20 Under 40" commendation).
- Candidates can nominate themselves, or can be nominated by their peers, their colleagues, and their fellow professionals in the accounting profession.
- Candidates should have achieved a recognizable level of success and record of achievement.
- Candidates should be people who are likely to remain in the profession and continue to build on their achievements.
- Candidates should have demonstrated accomplishments off the job as well as on the job, in such areas as community and civic involvement, mentoring, volunteering, board membership, and so on.
- Candidates should be energetic, ambitious, innovative, the types of people who stretch boundaries.
- Candidates should demonstrate superior, game-changing work performance by utilizing, embracing, and perhaps introducing new processes, technologies, solutions to existing procedures.
- Candidates should be the people who help others, the best and the brightest, the ones who are driven to making changes and who have the ability and expertise to see the changes through to fruition.
- Candidates should be visible in the profession – speaking, training, writing, connecting, educating, participating in professional associations.
Multiple nominations do not increase the chance for being selected. All nominees will be reviewed by our panel of judges, and the individuals may be contacted directly to provide additional information on their background and career. The selection of the 40 Under 40 honorees is made by the editorial staff and members of the CPA Practice Advisor community.