Friedman LLP staff participate in volunteer activities.
Whether swinging hammers to build homes for the needy, packing canned goods for hunger relief or caring for shelter animals, employees of Friedman LLP Accountants and Advisors stepped out of the office and rolled up their sleeves recently to engage in a firmwide day of coordinated volunteer activities.
For the 1st annual Friedman Gives Back Day (FGBD), executives and staff donated a combined 636.75 hours at community nonprofits near their offices in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey and Philadelphia.
“Throughout our 93-year history, Friedman LLP has proudly supported charitable causes through fundraising, employee volunteerism, and raising awareness of important issues” said co-managing partner Fred Berk. “Friedman Gives Back Day allowed us to work side-by-side outside the office to improve the communities in which we and our clients live and work.”
As part of the firm’s core values, Friedman emphasizes a “people first” mentality, which informs its commitment to social responsibility and “giving time and resources to benefit our local communities and build firm camaraderie.”
“Commitment to our communities is an indispensable part of our core values,” said co-managing partner Harriet Greenberg. “We believe that building lasting bonds, including with each other outside the office, strengthens our company and provides us with a better perspective of the work we do each day.”
Representatives from each of the firm’s local offices reached out to a wide range of organizations to identify areas in which employees could make the greatest impact.
- Uniondale, Long Island: Island Harvest
- New York City: Animal Care Centers of New York City and The Unforgotten Haven
- East Hanover, NJ: Morris Habitat for Humanity and Community Foodbank of Hillside
- Linwood & Toms River, NJ: The Lunch with Lynch Foundation
- Marlton, NJ: The Unforgotten Haven, Animal Adoption Center of Lindenwold, and Share Food Program of Philadelphia
- Philadelphia: MANNA, Philadelphia FIGHT, and Wister Street
In addition to its Gives Back Day, Friedman regularly raises awareness by fundraising with local organizations and contributes via its corporate giving program.
Past and Present Friedman Cares initiatives include:
- Boys and Girls Club of Philadelphia
- Food Bank for NYC
- Habitat for Humanity
- Make-A-Wish New Jersey – Make-A-Wish Foundation
- The American Cancer Society
- The American Heart Association
- The INN – Interfaith Nutrition Network
- Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) Annual Scholarship program
- Cradles to Crayons Philadelphia
- Make-A-Wish® New Jersey
- Alicia Rose Victorious Foundation for Teen Cancer Awareness
- Jewish Senior Housing & Healthcare Services Menorah Mania
Friedman LLP, headquartered in Manhattan with locations in New Jersey, Long Island, Pennsylvania, and Beijing, has been serving the accounting, tax and business consulting needs of public and private companies since 1924. Our industry-focused practice features concentrated areas of expertise and a thorough understanding of the economic environment. We have the ability to be innovative in our approach, act quickly in our decision-making and be flexible in our delivery of services. Our clients benefit from hands-on contact with our partners, cutting-edge technical expertise and our understanding of their industry and their business. As a mid-size firm, we combine the staff and resources of a large firm with a philosophy of personal responsibility for our clients. Please visit our website to learn more about our practices and service areas: www.friedmanllp.com.