The National Society of Accountants (NSA) Scholarship Foundation has announced its 2017-2018 Board of Trustees.
A funding resource for career development, lifelong learning, educational programs, and the future, the NSA Scholarship Foundation works to build career paths into and within the accounting profession. With its scholarship awards, the Foundation assists dedicated students who are committed to a career in accounting by providing financial assistance to support their education. In 2017, The Foundation awarded over $37,950 to 30 deserving students. Formed in 1969, the Foundation is a 501(c)3, tax-exempt organization and relies on voluntary, tax-deductible contributions to support its programs.
- Sharon E. Cook, EA, ABA, ATA, ATP, ARA of Kuenne Accounting & Tax, Inc. in Saint Louis, MO continues as President.
- Harlan D. Rose, EA, ABA of Data Flow Corporation in Marshfield, WI continues as Treasurer.
- Donny J. Woods, EA, PA, ATA, ABA of Woods & Woods, PA, Ltd. in Nashville, AR continues as a Trustee.
- Sandra Rene' Hall, EA, ATP of S.H.P. Inc. in Enid, OK continues as a Trustee.
- Terry Bakker, EA of O'Leary's Tax Service Ltd. in Vancouver, WA was appointed to the board as a new Trustee.
- Paul Bowman, EA, ATA, ABA, ATP of Bowman Accounting, Inc. in Rock Island, IL was appointed to the board as a new Trustee.
- Joel Grandon, LPA, EA, ARA, of Joel Grandon Accounting Services, PC, in Marion, IA is a new Trustee by virtue of his position as Second Vice President of the National Society of Accountants.
- John G. Ams, NSA Executive Vice President, continues as an ex-officio member of the Board of Trustees by virtue of his position as the chief staff executive of NSA.
For more information about the NSA Scholarship Foundation, visit www.nsacct.org/about/nsa-scholarship-foundation.