The popular “Internal Audit Boot Camp” focused on auditing casino and gaming entities, which is hosted by Wipfli/JOSEPH EVE CPAs, will be held December 6-8 at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. The event has sold out the past five years, and space is limited, so the hosts say interested attendees are encouraged to reserve their spots today by visiting www.josepheve.com/seminars.
Conducing the training are three of the gaming industry’s most knowledgeable instructors: Wipfli/JOSEPH EVE Partner Grant Eve, CPA, CFE; Wipfli/JOSEPH EVE Manager Glen Galt, CPA; and Billy David, Owner/Consultant at Bo-Co-Pa & Associates.
The in-depth course material is designed to benefit gaming commission staff, inspectors, internal auditors, finance officers and more. Attendees will gain in-depth knowledge of audit best practices and the tools needed to elevate the quality of gaming commission and internal audit functions.
Crucial topics presented include:
- Adding Value Through Compliance
- Audit Requirements
- Casino Fraud and Cheats
- Class II 543 Internal Audit Responsibilities
- Gaming Ordinances
- Internal Audit Charters
- Internal Audit Workpapers and Documentation
- Proper Communication Within Your Organization
- Recent and Possible Regulatory Changes
- Role of Internal Audit and the Gaming Commission
- Title 31 – Know Your Customer
- What Should Be Tested? Mixed Class II and III Facilities
Course materials, breakfast, lunch, and breaks are included in the seminar fee.
All attendees will also be entered into a raffle for four tickets to an evening event at the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo, which will be taking place in Las Vegas the same days as the boot camp.